Thursday, May 31, 2007

Jules Holland Rocked the Buxton Opera House

Hya all,

Just look at this....
How fabulous is that! Its the Buxton Opera House it blew me away, now that is a venue!! Me and a few chums went to c Jules Holland & his rhythm and blues orchestra there last night.

They were amazing. I've been to quite a few gigs but when you go to a 'music' gig rather than a band gig there's such a massive difference, its less about the concept, image, and who's playing and instead its about what's being played. Pure Talent, nuff said!

The only other gig I've been to of that kind was when i went to go and see, Antony & the Johnson's at the little civic in Wolverhampton, the difference being that the majority of their material is quite melancholy and slow, where as Jules was a complete contrast, big sounds n neats that you couldn't help but tap your feet to!
At one point everyone was on their feet dancing away, FAB! the show included a woman named
Ruby turner i think, well that woman can really sing. Effortlessly she belted out such a rich and powerful sound. The whole band in fact were true 'artists' Just Fab.

One problem though... made me realise just how much i've got yet to learn, i'll av a good go trying though! ;-)

purkul
x

2 comments:

emma said...

My dad used to tell me little anecdotes when I was younger, that would frankly annoy me because I knew that he was right. And one such story was about a young man who went up to a policeman in New York and asked him the quickest way to Carnegi Hall and the policeman replied, practise son, practise. Gawd - how irritating, how irritatingly true.

But bloody good fun wasnt it!

klahanie said...

Yo Purkul-
Really glad you are had such a great time listening to Jules at the Buxton Opera House. So I guess the name of the place is a bit misleading. Can you imagine someone going there expecting to see a bunch of folk singing in another language? Only to discover they were part of some foot-stomping Rock n' Roll extavaganza!
I'm sure that watching those musicians will give you the inspiration to keep on practising. Will you remember me when you are a famous guitarist?
Kind regards adanac67.