Thursday, November 23, 2006

The Week So Far

Hello all,

Had a bit of a busy week with one thing and another, hence the lack of post for a wee while!

The Hope Centre 30th Birthday Celebration Mind Event

I really enjoyed the mind event, it was a shame that i missed so many of the events and activities because i was part of the co-ordination team so busy doing other things. But having said that i did get to try my hand at a wee bit of willow weaving which i really enjoyed. i love craft things like that, just don't ever seem to get around to doing them.

It was really heart warming to see so many people turning out to help Mind celebrate 30 years of providing an invaluable service which acts to help so many people through difficult times.

I also got to have a go of a drum kit!!!!!!! which was a big deal for me! i was really keen and convinced that i'd be a natural, unfortunately i'm not!! but i have gained a new replacement for drummer types & can't wait to have another go!

Positive Thing......

i think its true what they say the best things in life are free!

A friend of mine made me some compilation CD's of tracks they thought i need to know!
I
'm luving them so far

& more importantly Its really nice knowing that they've spent the time and thought like that.

Smile prompting Groovy Stuff!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you're right about the best things in life being free, and what's more the best things in life aren't things, but people.

I wish I could remember this properly, but Arandhati Roy wrote...

The greatest thing you can do in life is:

To love
To be loved
To never complicate what is simple or simplify what is complicated
Respect strength never power
Persue beauty to it's lair
To never forget and
never ever look away.

I wish I could remember it all - maybe someone else can.

chris164 said...

if u joined me and bro we'd sure make some bad sounds together.