Sunday, June 24, 2007

What Mind Bloggling Means To Me....

Hello all,

In quite a reflective mood of late, and so i just wanted to share with everyone just what the mind bloggling project means to me....

i had never blogged before the project and so, at first, it seemed quite an alien concept to me to have a space online because well....

what would i write?

what might people think of what i write?

have i got anything worthwhile to say that others will want to read?

where do i start?

and the list goes on......

so i just got on with it and put anything down that sprung to mind, and as a consequence i've learned that i can write what ever is in me to write, and whether anyone finds it interesting or not is not the purpose for it being there, but it is important simply because it is important to me and that therefore makes it important enough to be there. everyone has the right to be heard.

i use my blog as a catalogue of things that i have done, its a positive reminder and inspirational diary of good times, something to have a look back on when i'm feeling a little lack luster.

most importantly though i think that what matters most to me about the mind bloggling project is that it has allowed me to speak with, and connect with such genuinely kind, supportive, interesting, humorous and inspirational people from all walks of life, that ordinarily i may never have had the pleasure to meet.

so that's all really, that i can think of for now, although i am sure that there are many other things that i haven't even crossed my mind.

purkul
x


5 comments:

emma said...

'everyone has the right to be heard'.

They sure do Purkul. This is a great idea for a blog. Mind Bloggling has brought all sorts of people together. I never imagined that it would be such a source of support for me and I know that it has been for others.

Everyone brings their own individual perspective to Mind Bloggling, the uniqueness is what makes it so special.

klahanie said...

Hi Purkul-
To use one of your favourite sayings. Everything you wrote is "bob on."
This mindbloggling community is a precious commodity. We have a voice and we have the right to state our valid opinions.
Mindbloggling gives us the platform to tell the world that we will challenge negative situations.
Purkul, you are kind and decent soul. Your empathy is a shining example of the mindbloggling ethos. Thank you for submitting this wonderful blog.
Best regards adanac67.

Garfield said...

Hi ya Purkul,
well done all ur works on sanity fair! it was gr8 success wasn't it?
I think mind blog project is fantastic! I like ur page and all blogs are positive things to me...

Have a gd day!

Garfield

Leigh P said...

I love blogging myself and feel part of this scattered blog community that is frequently joined together by our reading and sporadic comments.

I'm a classic example - didn't think I'd have a lot to contribute - and now I'm the one podcasting my blog and sometimes doing two blogs a week if I feel I have more to say.

Keep it unique!

Leigh.....aka RM.

Phil said...

I think my search is over, Purkul is a.k.a. Natalie. Your photos of all the bands you've been to see are very good. Also your photos of Rhodes are interesting, it looks a really nice place.Phil.